The American National Standards Institute (ANSI), founded in 1918, is a private, nonprofit organization that has overseen and coordinated various standardization systems for over 90 years. ANSI is made up of 3 government agencies and 5 engineering societies.ANSI Z308.1-2009 is the minimum standard set forth by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for first aid kits in various work places and for those workplaces that are unique. ANSI expects that the first aid kits will be augmented with additional supplies set forth by either the federal, state or local requirements.
The items required are:
- (1) First Aid Guide
- (1) Absorbent Compress 4" X 8" minimum
- (16) 1" X 3" Adhesive Bandages
- (1) Adhesive Tape 2.5 yard roll
- (10) Antiseptic Treatment Applications 0.9 Gram each
- (6) Burn Treatment Applications 0.9 Gram each
- (4) 3" X 3" Sterile Gauze Pads
- (2) Pair Medical Exam Gloves
- (1) Triangular Bandage 40" X 40" X 56" min
- (6) Antibiotic Ointment Applications 0.5 Gram each.
There are also now ten items listed as Recommended Supplies.
The recommended items are:
- Analgesic (oral, non-drowsy formula)
- Bandage Compress, 2" X 2" min.
- Breathing Barrier, single use
- Burn Dressing, 12 square inches
- Cold Pack, 4" X 5" min.
- Eye Covering, 1/4" thick min.
- Eye/Face Wash Sterile, 4 oz. min.
- Roller Bandage, 2" X 4 yards min.
- Hand Sanitizer
Ordering your kit from GFA is one way to ensure that you meet or exceeds the ANSI Z308.1-2009 specifications. We have been in the marketplace since 2005 and unlike most of our competitors, being part of Tender Corporation, we can easily augment your kits to meet ANSI and OSHA standards keeping your workers/customers safe and giving you peace of mind.